This is the official 4.2.2 1080 firmware 20130902 v1.0 released by Rikomagic for our stick. First, you have to download the firmware image from here, here or from here. Then follow this tutorial to flash the firmware image with Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7.Build details:
- Android 4.2.2 - Jelly bean
- Kernel 3.0.36+
- Languages: all
- 5.1 sound output
- gapps are preinstalled - the firmware is rooted, just need to install SuperSu or Superuser from Play Store to have root acces.
- Wifi & Bluetooth working just fine
- Video playback and video streaming seems ok
- Build number: MK802IIIS-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.zs.20130902.092453 test-keys
- Vendor software version: Rikomagic MK802IIIS_R-BOX_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK_V1.0.0
There are a lot of users complaining about this version released by Rikomagic; till now seems to run just fine for me, but in the same like it looks like an intermediary version yet.
Enjoy this new find, share is love!
Always keep in mind that this is not a review, just a first sight of this firmware. You have to test it more for another details, to see if it satisfies your needs.